Monday, August 5, 2013

The Last Thing

Dearest Blog Reader.

I regret to inform you that I cannot have a blog as a member of the TLM. I was unaware. But today I was made aware. And I must be obedient, right?

Right!

So this will be the last thing that my beautiful amiga posts on this blog for me. I don't know what to do about it. I am thinking that maybs you can just email me a line that says you want me to email you and then I will just write a blog post and send it to you in email form.  What do you think?  

I don't know.

But! For the last legitimate post, let me tell you something I have learned this week.

I started the Book of Mormon over with the beginning of this new transfer, and my oh my. All throughout 1 Nephi, it is just evidence after evidence and testimony after testimony and story after story of the Lord directing His people! So I have been thinking a lot about that. Then I was reading 1 Nephi 18 and it talks about the Lord giving them direction in every single verse for like 6 verses straight.

And then I was studying PMG. There is principle titled, "Heavenly Father Reveals His Gospel in Every Dispensation."  And it was like it was the first time I had read that. I said to myself, "Whoa! He REVEALS it!"  We would not have this church here today if it were not for revelation.  The Prophet is seriously called of God to receive revelation to direct the church and the world. I'm pretty sure I wrote that line basically word for word on this very blog before, but it has just been hitting me hard this week.

We are so blessed to know that there is revelation in this very day.

And not only that, but we can receive personal revelation on the daily.  I have read soooo many scriptures that say, "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you." And I would be like, "Wow, great, knock, receive." This is great. 

But this week I have been reading scriptures like that, and actually, legitimately believing it. Because guess what. It. is. true.

When we pray, God hears us. And then He answers us. And He guides us.  Personal revelation is a real thing.

Jacob 4:8.... Behold, great and marvelous are the works of the Lord. How unsearchable are the depths of the mysteries of him; and it is impossible that man should find out all his ways. And no man knoweth of his ways save it be revealed unto him; wherefore, brethren, despise not the revelations of God.

And then I was reading all these scriptures about opening our ears and humbling ourselves so that we can receive revelation. And True to the Faith! Best book ever! Read that thing!

Okay, I must end this.

This is what I know:  Personal revelation is such an important, and very real gift from God.  I have experienced it, and I am excited to learn more about it, and to learn how to receive and act on it more effectively.  And I know that each of you can, too. If you want to. So. Want to.

It is such a blessing to be a missionary at this time.  This is the Lord's work! His purposes will roll on. So let's get crackin.

Love, Sister Brittan E Plante

No comments:

Post a Comment