Monday, July 22, 2013

Whenever I was fixin a go on a mission


I love being a missionary!

So, now that I have been here in Lubbock for almost a whole transfer, would you like to know what it is like?

1. The sky here is absolutely amazing.  We get these cloud shows that just do not happen in Utah, I am assuming because of the mountains. But seriously. It's like Toy Story, but 17 times better.
2. People say things like, "Have a blessed day!" on a daily basis. So great.
3. They also say things like, "We're fixin' a eat."  Like going to eat, but fixin a eat.  A girl named Amy told us that her new niece is fixin a be born. And her grandpa is fixin a die. Haaaaa.
4. They use the word "whenever" when it's supposed to be just "when." Like, "Whenever I was 7 we went to Disneyland."  What?
5. So Sister O and I say to each other, "Whenever I was fixin a go on a mission..." We are too funny.
6. Everybody AND THEIR DOG has a dog! Or 7!
7.  There are a million chicken places. And like 2 hamburger places. It's quite funny. And they always serve some sort of bread (usually a roll) with their chicken. 
8. There are 2 million Sonics, DQs, and donut places.
9. There are as many churches as there are in Utah, only they are waaaay bigger, and a LOT more variety. Lot's of Baptists, Catholics, Church of Christ, Trinity, and THE abominable of all abominable churches....Experience Life! And of course on campus we meet a crazy number of Hindus and Muslims. And Chinese people who do not believe anything. That was hard for me.

It's so fun! I love it here. It's weird that this is the biggest city in the mission because it's tiny. But there are like 4 walmarts. So I guess it's big.

On to the spiritual.

Obedience.

It is the first law of Heaven.

Sister O and I are studying/working on/applying the Christlike attribute of obedience this week and I am so so excited.

We watched a little bit of the video "Special Witnesses of Christ" on Saturday, and Robert D. Hales said something like this:

Everything Christ said and everything He did was out of obedience to the Father.  He had no personal agenda.  He said I do nothing of myself, but as my Father taught me.

Isn't that amazing?  Literally everything He did was out of obedience!  He never did anything for Himself or for His own recognition.

John 5:30
 30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is ajust; because I seek not mine own bwill, but the cwill of the Father which hath sent me.
(Thank you LDS.org)

So. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm excited.

I love every one of you!

Love, Sister Brittan E Plante

No comments:

Post a Comment