Monday, July 1, 2013

Never ending humbledom

Isn't it amazing that missions have to be so long?  God really wants us to learn something, doesn't He? Because really, anyone can just endure something for a couple weeks or even a couple months. But 1.5 or 2 years?  I can't just endure.  I have to change.  Amazing.

You will be pleased to hear that I have been humbled this week, yet again.  Never ending humbledom up in here and I absolutely love it.  I have been learning so much more about faith and repentance and applying them to my life. Sister O is the bomb at internalizing. She always says that we have to really internalize these principles and then we can teach them, and she is so right.  Fortunately, God is making it real easy because when an investigator is struggling with something, I come to find that I am too. Who knew? So I study on it and apply it, and then I teach it right back to them, with the new knowledge and insights I have gained.  

Preach My Gospel, people. It is pure inspiration. Scripture. Read it.  It's so good.

Can I just give you all one piece of advice?  Study your scriptures every single day.  Every day. I can tell you, it makes all the difference. All of it!  The scriptures are literally the word of God, and as we study them, we desire to come closer to Heavenly Father and we desire to apply the Atonement daily, and we desire to serve others.  Especially the Book of Mormon.  If you study that thing, you will be empowered to do good. AND you will not be deceived by the world.

The people here in Texas, (and especially College Park, where we teach a bunch of extremely educated, young graduate students) people know their Bible. And they know their beliefs. They have a faith in Jesus Christ, and they are out to prove us Mormons wrong. They teach against our church in their church!  So you have to have a strong testimony of the gospel and a real spiritual knowledge of the divinity of the Book of Mormon so that you can stand strong and not be deceived.  But the great thing is, the Book of Mormon really is true!  And as we read from it every single day, there is nothing to fear. We cannot be deceived because we really do have the real truth.  This is legitimate people. Love it.

Lubbock or leave it.

I am so pleased to be a missionary. It's hard, but it is so good.

Love, Sister Brittan E Plante

No comments:

Post a Comment