Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Here Comes Goodbye

Hm. It appears that the time flew without telling me and in 3 small hours, I will be set apart as a missionary. So, you know, gotta get in all the internet use I can! Just kidding. I'm here for 2 specific purposes.

1: This is my MTC mailing address in case you feel inclined to send me a love letter in the next 12 days:

Sister Brittan E Plante
JUN17 TX-LUBK
2009 N 900 E Unit 166
Provo, UT 84602

At least, that's what it says in the email I got, so hopefully it's sound.

1.5: If you feel like sending me a love letter in 13 days, send it here, to the mission home:

Sister Brittan E Plante
Texas Lubbock Mission
6310 114th St
Lubbock, TX 79424-6024

The mission home would always be a safe place to send things, I would bet, because no matter where I am, that is still my mission home.

1.75: After I get there and get assigned to an area, I will know my area address and will update this blog accordingly.

1.99: Speaking of this blog, good news!  I have found an honest, trustworthy, loyal human person to keep it up for me!  Her name is Jenna. Jenna and I go way back, and speaking from personal experience, I just know you will enjoy her blog updating skills. She writes like nobody's business.

Not that she will even be writing on here.  I will send her an email each week and she will post it on here for those of you who think to yourselves on occasion, "I wonder how the missionary efforts are faring out there in Lubbock...."

Jenna, thank you for your support and willingness to do this service for me for the next 548 days of your life. You are too kind.  Feel free to do what you will with this blog, and add any commentary you feel would spice things up.  I will host you a true Texas BBQ mid-December 2014 as a giant thank you. Haaaa just kidding. We wouldn't want to freeze. BUT, it will be something equally as stellar, so don't worry.

And finally, número 2:  I just want all of you lovely people to know that I love you! I really do.  I have been so thoroughly pleased, grateful, and honestly overwhelmed to see the support and love and care you have all shown me.  Over the last couple weeks, I have received so many truly thoughtful and heartfelt cards, letters, words, and gifts. Not just nice on the surface, but deep down really honest words of love and support.  They have each individually made me so happy and grateful.

I am excited to finally have the chance to serve a mission and bring others to Christ.  I would not be the same without the knowledge and testimony I have of a loving Heavenly Father.  Lately, I have been recognizing more and more the role the gospel has had in my life, and I feel so happy that I get to take what I have been given, and share it with everyone!  Living the principles of the gospel, following the example of Jesus Christ, and applying the atonement in my life have brought me more happiness than anything else I have ever done.  What an opportunity I have to find someone else out there who wants more happiness and more meaning. I have the gospel, and I can share it with them!  I know it will be ridiculously hard, but don't worry! It's fine.  Because it's the Lord's work. So we can do it. We can really do it.

Adieu, my friends, until we meet again.

Sister Brittan E Plante





1 comment:

  1. Brittan, I'm so glad you have a blog, I'll be checking it every Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete